The Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is a private organization that was started in 1962 by a handful of individuals looking for a place to shoot. The club is now a large organization of more than 2,000 members. Matches and informal shooting originally took place on leased property. This land is now owned by the club. The club has held several national matches in the past, the latest being NRA High Power Rifle State and Regional Championships and the Action Pistol Great Plains Sectional Championship.
There is open shooting most of the time at the various club ranges for the members who prefer informal recreational shooting rather than competitions. Members should always bring their own targets, shoot safely so all shots impact the berms, and clean up their trash when they leave the ranges. Range courtesy and safety are required at all times by members and their guests. Members are responsible for their guests.
The club holds a number of rifle, pistol, and shotgun matches every year, High Power Rifle, 600 yard Mid-Range and F-Class matches, Smallbore Rifle matches, USPSA Pistol and Multi-Gun matches, Cowboy Lever-Action, a wide variety of Rifle and Pistol Silhouette matches, Swiss Rifle & Pistol matches, and Trap shoots and now recently added - CMP Vinage Sniper Team Matches.
Most of the matches held at the club are on the weekends and open to the public. Spectators are welcome to watch the matches. If you plan to attend one of these functions you should bring your own eye and hearing protection. The range has primitive toilet facilities. Please bring any food and water that you may require as none is available at the range. No alcohol please. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times and should have eye and hearing protection.
Currently these are the facilities available:
- 600 yd Rifle Range with covered shooting stations, target pits, carriers, and 200 and 300 yd firing points for HP Rifle matches, and Silhouette facilities at various distances for a variety of matches.
- 300 yd/meter multi-purpose range with covered shooting area and with berms a various ranges. This range is open to members from 7am to 10pm or dusk. The 100 yard range hours are published in the monthly news letter, it is dependent when a range officer is on duty, normally 8AM.
- 100 yd/meter multi-purpose range with covered shooting area and 50 yd/meter berm. Use of this range is currently restricted to league or match events, and to open shooting only when a Range Officer is present.
- Trap range.
- A 50 yd range with covered firing points and a pistol complex with several separated 25 yd ranges suitable for short-range shooting, pistol and Cowboy Action matches.
- Land for future expanded activities.